MINDFULNESS-BASED CHRONIC PAIN MANAGEMENT (MBCPM™)
CURRICULUM IMPLEMENTATION AND DEVELOPMENT
This online training, which usually follows PT and CTI training, includes developing concepts presented in the MBCPM™ Course in more depth. It includes:
- Practicing preambles and delivery of formal practices;
- deeper scrutiny and discussion of trauma-informed facilitation strategies;
- pain and neuroplasticity;
- starting up courses;
- administration of courses;
- validated outcome-measuring instruments for application to a chronic pain population;
- use of distance delivery methods;
- immunity and pain;
- plus further opportunities to practice and deepen skills of enquiry.
PowerPoint presentations will be included for many of the topics.
There will also be discussions of further certification levels: Recognizing increasing skills following the Bangor, Exeter & Oxford mindfulness-based interventions teaching assessment criteria (MBI-TAC)* for assessing the competence and adherence of mindfulness-based class-based teaching.
These classes are mostly interactive in real time and constitute ongoing education and mentorship. Sessions are recorded for later study.
WHAT YOU’LL BE LEARNING
- Recognizing overt and subtle strategies developed in the course in facilitating in a trauma-informed way
- Organizing strategic approaches to introducing the concepts of Neuroplasticity into pain management
- Demonstrating increasing expertise in delivering formal practices
- Applying increasing competence in use of preambles before delivering formal practice guidance.
- Identifying appropriate tools to evaluate outcomes in a chronic pain population
- Identifying qualities for facilitators in embodying and role-modeling Mindfulness attitudes and practice
- Recalling the role of the immune system in exacerbating pain when under chronic stress
- Identifying strategies and challenges in enrolling and administration of the MBCPM courses
- The MBCPM™ PT and/or MBCPM™ CTI training
This training is aimed at health-care professionals with a daily mindfulness practice wishing to facilitate the MBCPM™ course for pain and/or stress management. A degree in a biological/clinical/counseling discipline is recommended.
Materials are provided with enrolment.
This works toward the requirements for the Applied Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management (MBCPM™) Facilitation.
For costs and descriptions about this training visit: https://learn.utoronto.ca/programs-courses/courses/3503-mindfulness-based-chronic-pain-managementtm-facilitation-curriculum