MINDFULNESS-BASED CHRONIC PAIN MANAGEMENT (MBCPM™) CURRICULUM TRAINING INTENSIVE (CTI 3502)
The training involves a focused study of the content of the MBCPM™ course using the trademarked detailed MBCPM™ Course Curriculum, which is provided to participants, plus one day in a Silent Meditation Intensive, led by a facilitator rotating through various formal practices and followed by a debrief at end of day.
The three modules of the course will be explored, looking through the lens of both chronic pain sufferer and facilitator:
- Building resilience strategies; creating a safe space;
- Developing self-awareness and self-care; the challenges and benefits of Body Scan in this population; and,
- Exploring innate behaviours and relationships with self and others.
The connection to pain is evident as the training unfolds. Key topics and core concepts are explored from the perspective of facilitating a vulnerable, in-pain, and/or chronically stressed group. The languaging of delivery of the teaching and inquiry is noted with some opportunity to practice delivery of formal practices. Trauma-informed (TI) facilitation is emphasized. TI is discerned and discussed at a deeper level during the online MBCPM™ Curriculum Implementation and Development (CID 3503) training.
WHAT YOU’LL BE LEARNING
- Applying a foundation of practice to increase stress resilience prior to examining stressful topics
- Recognizing how to hold the group space while examining concepts stressful to participants
- Identifying use of appropriate languaging in motivating mindfulness and formal practice for chronic pain and chronic stress sufferers
- Analyzing preambles and strategies in enquiry to provide trauma-informed facilitation
- Comparing other mindfulness-based course curricula with MBCPM and knowing why it is customized for the chronic pain populations
- Listing course guidelines and know why they are important to keep participants safe
This training is aimed at professionals with a daily mindfulness practice and an interest in facilitating the course for chronic pain and/or stress sufferers. A degree in a biological/clinical/counseling discipline is recommended.
Materials are provided with enrolment, including the trademarked detailed MBCPM™ Course Curriculum.
For costs and descriptions about this training visit: