We are exploring new ways of offering the MBCPM course in 2014 to better meet your needs.
For Chronic Pain Sufferers
- The equivalent of the 13-week, MBCPM Level 1 Course will be offered cumulatively over three weekends for those who can access Toronto and who have challenges attending the courses on weekdays. The course is tentatively booked for the weekends of June 14/15 (Module 1: Equivalent to the first five classes); June 28/29 (Module 2: Equivalent to classes six–10); and, July 12/13 (Module 3: Equivalent to classes 11–13). They will take place in the Li Ka Shing Education and Knowledge Institute, behind St. Michael’s Hospital. Saturday classes will run from 9:30am–4:30pm, and Sunday classes will run from 9:30am–1:00pm. Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix will co-lead with another facilitator. (If you live outside of Toronto but would still like to take this course, you may wish to stay in the city for these Saturday nights in order to attend the classes.)
- In August 2014, the equivalent of the 13-week, Level 1 MBCPM Course will be offered over four full days, from August 11–15 (one of these days will be a day off). Each day’s class will run from 9:30am–4:00pm. They will be held at the Li Ka Shing Education and Knowledge Institute, behind St. Michael’s Hospital. Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix will co-lead with another facilitator
- Emotional Skills: Alumni have long requested that this course be offered again. We are planning to do so starting in late April 2014, although the course will not run consecutive weeks. We will post the dates, times, and telemedicine sites for this course on the NeuroNova Centre (NNC) website as soon as we have confirmed site availability.
- We would also appreciate your input as to whether you would like one-to-one teaching by phone from one of our trained facilitators in MBCPM, or to participate from your home in a “virtual” classroom through e-mindful. (These options are not covered by OHIP. Our staff can discuss costs with you.)
For Health Care Professionals
- Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix will do a one-day workshop on MBCPM at the Centre for Mindfulness Studies (CFMS), 180 Sudbury Street, Toronto, on Friday, March 21 from 9:30am–4:30pm. Any participant who then wishes to go on to MBCPM Facilitator Training will have the price of this workshop deducted from the cost of their training.
- A Spring 2014 MBCPM course for health care professionals is planned, starting in late April, though it will not run consecutive weeks. We will post the dates, times, and telemedicine sites for this course on the NNC website as soon as we have confirmed site availability.
- We are pleased to report that the first MBCPM Facilitator Training Course for 2014 is full and already underway! The second course for 2014 is scheduled for the weekends of April 26/27 (Part 1, 9:30am–4:15pm on both days), and May 10 (Part 2, 9:30am–4:15pm). It will be held at the NNC offices.
- An August Practicum and MBCPM Facilitator Training will take place in Toronto from August 11–20, 2014, where facilitators can experience the Level 1 Course with patients taking it in the four-day format, followed by curriculum training.