From the kitchen of Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix
This feels like a good alternative to oatmeal for the summer months!
- ½ cup of oats (quick cooking or regular)
- One and a half tablespoons milled flaxseed
- Soak overnight or for 30 minutes in:
- Three quarters of a cup of unfiltered apple juice (the cloudy sort)
- Quarter cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of chopped dried figs, dates, cranberries, or other dried fruit
- 1 large coarsely grated apple
- Teaspoon cinnamon
- Cup of oat milk or coconut milk or coconut cream
Mix well. Sweeten with a teaspoon maple syrup if needed.
Add fresh blueberries or other berries on top