For the following resources, therapists will charge a fee, but a portion or all may be covered by the patient’s extended benefits. The clinic or therapist will discuss that with the patient.
The following resources are often covered by either a patient’s employer, Veteran’s Affairs, or OHIP:
- Provides a directory of physician psychotherapists based on a patient’s location (Note that with COVID, location may not matter except for province, given internet access to sessions)
- Call office 416-229-2399 or toll free 1-888-229-8088
- Provides psychotherapy on the phone or other video platforms
3. EAP (Employee Assistance Plan)
- accessed through the organization for which a patient works
- For veterans or family members of veterans, therapy is often covered by Veterans’ Affairs